Its mission is to mobilize the voice, visibility and participation of the diverse groups to impact the regional HIV response and to create an enabling environment by which to end the conditions and consequences of marginalization.
Specifically, CVC seeks to
· Strengthen capacity of vulnerable populations to act on their own behalf.
· Generate an enabling environment to support human rights and improve the quality of life of vulnerable populations
· Advocate for and facilitate the development of infrastructure to support culturally and contextually appropriate and accessible HIV management for vulnerable populations
· Develop and support culturally appropriate prevention programmes and models geared towards vulnerable populations
· Establish strategic partnerships built on trust
· Monitor and evaluate the impact of projects and programmes on vulnerable populations
CVC’s Vision has been:To advocate for and participate in regional responses to HIV and other social conditions based on human rights, programme effectiveness, and the reduction of vulnerability within a framework of evidence, social justice and sustainable health and development systems.